I’m Writing a Cookbook!

Yes, I am!  I am so excited, I can barely stand it.  I’ve had to keep this under my hat for so long, it’s surprising the information wasn’t shooting out of my ears.

What’s it about, you say?  About gluten-free baking, of course! If that wasn’t awesome enough, it’s specifically on gluten-free winter holiday baking.   Pinch me now, I can’t quite believe it’s happening.

I’m going to have so much fun with this. The book will cover Thanksgiving through Twelfth Night and will include all of your and my favorite traditional holiday recipes. I am a nut about the holidays and writing a book about baking during the holidays=dream come true. I am deeply humbled, honored, and grateful to be working with the fab folks at Chronicle Books, who will be publishing the book in the Fall of 2012.   Their cookbooks are so amazing and beautiful, I am pleased as punch to be working with them.  Squeeeee!

What this means is that I will be laying a bit low for the next few months. I will still be keeping up with the blog and recipes for the blog, but it might be a bit more sporadic. I have a very tight deadline, which means my nose will be firmly pressed to grindstone.

Also, I will be needing recipe testers! I will put up a separate post with a call for that. So, if you’re interested in testing recipes in return for my deepest gratitude (and a mention in the book), check back soon. I’m just getting everything arranged. And yahoo!! This is gonna be fun!

Comments

1. says

Can’t wait for your new gluten free cookbook- would also like to be a tester in the future if you need more testers- wish I had known about the testing offer before- but just came across your site- as I was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago!

• admin says

Judy:Thanks! I will definitely let you know! Also, things will only go up from here–being diagnosed is the first step to finally feeling better!

2. says

Embarrassingly late, but congratulations on such an awesome honor!

I can hardly wait to get a copy and get baking! We really have to wait until fall 2012?? I know it will be worth the wait! :)

xo,
    Gigi

• admin says

Hi Karen: Oh, thank you so much for the kind offer. Right now, I will have to decline. I already have so many testers at the moment. How about for my next book? Thanks, again!

3. says

Great! The more options out there for gluten-free cooking, the better. And with Chronicle Books too- how exciting! I’ve appreciated your advice via twitter and look forward to having it in hard copy.

4. says

WOW!!! This is such great news and so very well deserved. I love following you and your blog. I am happy to volunteer as a tester – sending joy from the sunny South.

5. terya says

I’m so happy for you! When I was diagnosed with Celiac in May 2011, I began searching the internet for any receipes I could find (as we all do!). Yours was one of the first I found and I thank you deeply. I tried and continue to use you Gf Flour Mix and your Gf Hamburger Buns are a staple for me. So many of the receipes I get from you help me make my way through a difficult experiance. I would be so happy to test your receipes, since I’ll probably make them anyway!
    Congratulations. Well deserved!

6. Karin says

I would love to be a tester. I’m now avoiding diary, so I welcome the opportunity to test with alternative “milks”.

7. lael kimble says

Congratulations, Jeanne. Your recipes are fantastic and I am so glad that you are sharing them with the world. I so look forward to buying your book, using the recipes and thinking about the good times we’ve had together and the good food we’ve shared too! Best to you and your family!

8. says

Congrats on your wown cook book!! Yeah to you!!

I would love to test recipes for you!! But if you use sorghum flour & xantan gum, we can’t get it over here but I use guar gum isread & I use a whole lot of different gf flours such as millet, coconut, brown rice, etc!!

waw!! Really good news for you!

9. Kath says

I’m grinning from ear to ear. So proud of you. So excited for you. Congratulations. Can’t wait. KEEP BREATHING!

10. says

Oh my, what wonderful news, Jeanne! Huge congratulations to you! I LOVE baking during the holidays, so your book sounds perfect to me. Can’t wait to see it. And what a great job you did with the secret-keeping!

11. says

Very well deserved. I’m happy to help with recipe testing as well. Looking forward to toasting soon with a glass of Lillet in hand and a slice of GF Red Velvet Cake (I agree with Ashley!).

12. says

Of course you are writing a gluten-free baking book!! You are the perfect person for such a task. I still dream about your gf red velvet cake. Remains to be the best red velvet cake that I’ve ever eaten.
    So happy for you.

13. Tina says

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

And heck yeah I’d sign up to be a tester! It’s authors and blog writers like you who help those who come after you!

14. says

Jeanne I am so happy for you and congratulations! Welcome to the world of published gluten free cookbook authors! I am working on second one right now and I understand about deadlines. What I have learned is you have to find a way to keep life at bay and how to say “no”. Good luck and I can not wait for the book. So freaking excited for you!
    xo,
    carol

15. GF Steph says

Jeanne, I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait for your casting call for testers! I’d love to do it!!

16. says

Congrats, Jeanne! This is awesome. I had been wondering when you would have your own GF baking book! Finally. Can’t wait to hear more about it, and volunteer to test recipes. :-)

17. says

YAY, Jeanne! What wonderful—and well-deserved—news. Congratulations. You are going to help so many people reinvent their holidays (also, way to keep things under wraps; delightful surprise).

18. says

Very cool, congrats Jeanne! As for recipe testers, Sarah and I will selflessly volunteer our services (for the non-nut recipes, of course!)

19. says

Congratulations, Jeanne! I will be proud to have your book on my shelf & covered in fingerprints and splatters from use. You’ve been such a huge inspiration in my own baking, and your recipes are always amazing – so excited for you (and us)!

20. says

How exciting! Congratulations! I look forward to your new cookbook. Holiday baking is especially important since it is so wrapped up in traditions. It can be a difficult time of year to be gluten free. This sounds like a wonderful book that can help create new traditions for those of us with CD.

Trackbacks