My First Interview About the Book

by Jeanne on March 17, 2011

Hey everyone!  I was delighted to give my first interview about the process of getting my cookbook deal with Chronicle Books  to Maggie Green over at My Kitchen Table.  You can read the interview here.   If you are interested in potentially writing a cookbook, you might find it interesting to read about one way how it might work.

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Marynika September 12, 2011 at 10:35 am

Congratulations on your book! I came across your blog from Tartlette who mentioned your book in her post. I look forward to the finished product!

admin September 12, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Marynika: Thank you so much! And thanks for visiting! Isn’t Helene’s blog beautiful? I feel so lucky that she agreed to be the the stylist on the photos for my book–yay!

Guy Winch Ph.D. June 4, 2011 at 7:23 am

As one of the few people (very, very, few) who read Jeanne’s first book (her dissertation), I cannot wait to read this one! Entirely coincidently, a few days after hearing about Jeanne’s book deal, I was at my annual check-up and my doctor said, “I’d like you to try a Gluten-free diet for one month–you know, take a holiday from your eating habits.”
“No, problem,” I said, “I know just the month!”
“When?” he asked.
“Fall 2012,” I said.
“That’s eighteen months from now,” he objected.
“Yes, but I’ll have my friend’s cookbook to help. It’s perfect!” I insisted. “You wanted me to take a holiday from Gluten and her cookbook is for holidays.”
He agreed to postpone my gluten-free experiement till next year and I promised to get him a copy.
So, hurry up and write, Jeanne!!
Guy

admin June 13, 2011 at 10:57 am

Guy: LOL! This is awesome. I was just thinking the other day, who has actually read my dissertation other than me and my committee? I’m hoping the new cookbook has many more readers! Thanks so much for the support. And you know that I will always help you with gf recipes, my friend…:)

Nicole Hunn March 31, 2011 at 5:44 pm

What a lovely interview. I can relate to so much of what you said about the process. Having just released a cookbook of my own, in some ways the release itself has been more consuming than the proposal and manuscript writing were. I wonder if you’ll feel similarly. Anyway, thank you for giving the interview. With so many food blogs these days, it will surely be useful to many.
Warm regards,
Nicole

admin April 1, 2011 at 10:11 am

Nicole: Thank you so much! It’s good to hear from other authors about their process. I am excited to go look at your book now!

Sallie March 29, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Jeanne: Once again, mucho congratulations on your cookbook. I am so proud of you and the interview is just great. I shall be thinking of you during this journey. The best of luck. Sallie

Sofia March 24, 2011 at 3:52 am

Fantastic Interview and I cannot wait to see the book published. I know it will be a hit as you seem to have so many amazing recipes and ideas.

Sophie March 22, 2011 at 1:21 am

This was & is a great & lovely interview!! Ooh yes!

admin March 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Sophie: Thanks! It was so fun to do!

InTolerantChef March 18, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Sounds like such a rush and lots of pressure… and fun! Good luck!

Leslie March 17, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Great interview, Jeanne! I enjoyed reading about the process behind the scenes.

admin March 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Thanks, Leslie!!

Maggie Green March 17, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hi Jeanne,
Your interview is beautiful, honest, and encouraging. I hope aspiring cookbook authors find it informative as well. I wish you all the best with the writing process. Based on your blog, you’ll do great, and I can’t wait to see your cookbook in print.
Warmly,
Maggie

admin March 17, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Thank you so much, Maggie!!