I’m Writing Another Cookbook!

by Jeanne on January 6, 2014

fireworks-clip-art-9Yes, yes I am! I can’t quite believe it! Yes, it is another gluten-free baking book.  The new book will be more general than my first cookbook, which is terrific. The working title is: Gluten-Free Wishlist: Sweet and Savory Treats You Miss the Most. How awesome is that? I am so excited about this book–it will contain all of the things that you have been asking for over the years: croissants, naan, pita bread, ramen noodles, dumplings, pantry essentials, etc. It will be bigger that my last cookbook and contain more recipes and more baking tips. I am so excited I am about to burst!

This new book will again be with Chronicle Books–I feel so fortunate to be able to work with them again. They are an awesome publishing house and love working with everyone there. Each time I visit their offices, it’s like visiting home. I am a lucky, lucky woman to have yet another chance to write a cookbook and to be with such a wonderful publisher–squeeeee!!

The projected release date is Fall 2015.

I will put out a call for recipe testers, soon. Keep your eye out for a post on that, soon! Yay!

(clip art from: http://bestclipartblog.com/24-fireworks-clip-art.html)

{ 41 comments… read them below or add one }

Connie March 28, 2014 at 11:05 am

My stepdaughter with celiac just said that the one food she really misses is… croissant! I had a great time as a recipe tester for another cookbook and would be really thrilled to participate with you on your new venture!

Jeanne March 31, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Connie: Thank you! I will let you know when I put out a call for testers. I’m a bit behind on this one. :p

J+C @ WineDineDaily March 20, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Congratulations on the new cookbook! Wishing you much joy and looking forward to your delicious recipes. Cheers!

Jeanne March 21, 2014 at 10:09 am

J+C: Thank you!!

Mary Beth March 18, 2014 at 4:58 am

Hi Jeanne, So happy to hear that you are writing a new cookbook !! I also wanted you to know that the panettone recipe is fantastic. I made it for Christmas and my non gluten free mom couldn’t even tell it was gluten free ! She eats “regular” panettone every Christmas, so she knows what good panettone should taste like. She ate mine toasted each morning until New Year’s !!! Thank you and keep up the great work !!

Jeanne March 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Mary Beth: Yay! Thank you so much for letting me know!

Jan January 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Awesomeness!!

Jeanne January 30, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Thank you, Jan!

Jayne January 27, 2014 at 5:05 am

I’m late to your news but delighted nonetheless! Fabulous news, congratulations! Happy 2014!

Jeanne January 29, 2014 at 9:40 am

Jayne: Thank you so much!!

Jo January 21, 2014 at 2:16 pm

You announced your second book on my birthday! You made it the best birthday ever! I’m echoing everybody else – write faster!!!!

Jeanne January 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Jo: Yay! Belated happy birthday! And I’m writing as fast as I can! :)

Donna Currie January 18, 2014 at 11:39 am

Congrats! You deserve it!

Jeanne January 18, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Donna: Thank you so much!!

Jenny Hartin January 17, 2014 at 8:31 pm

That is great news!

Jeanne January 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Jenny: Thank you!

Suzette January 14, 2014 at 9:39 am

Congratulations Jeanne, I am brand new to the gluten free world and am so excited to have found your blog and website. I realize I’m lucky that there are more options than you had, but there still is not a lot of places you can go to get help and recipes; at least not that I have found yet. So imagine how happy I am now. I will be getting your first book straight away, in the mean time have you worked with coconut flour? I have gotten almond flour (very fine), coconut flour, rice flour, King Arthurs GF multi purpose blend( a mix of specialty flour bend of rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, whole grain brown rice flour) and Authentic foods Multi-Flour blend. These are what I have to work with so far and I want to make your soft white sandwich bread, will any of these work for your recipe? I’ve read your articles from that page and Ive noticed you don’t talk about almond and coconut flours, are they any good to work with? Thanks a million for your site here, it’s helping me to feel a little more warm and fuzzy about my journey into the GF realm. Also do you have any suggestions on where to go for vegetarian and vegan info and recipes I can access on the fly?

Jeanne January 18, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Suzette: Thank you! Check out my post on questions about and substitutions for my flour mix. I answer all of these questions. Also, I have a post about Ingredient Substitutions that explains how to substitute for butter and eggs and other things. That said, I don’t have a set list of vegetarian/vegan websites that I follow. I usually do a Google search when I need something for this topic. :)

Linda J-H January 19, 2014 at 7:24 am

herbivoracious.com is a great vegetarian/vegan website.

Lindsay January 14, 2014 at 6:35 am

Ramen noodles?!! You really are my hero.

Jeanne January 16, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Lindsay: I’m really excited about those!!

TheGreatZambini January 11, 2014 at 1:05 pm

That’s really exciting! I hope there will be a danish recipe- I miss those the most. I will have to check it out!

Jeanne January 11, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Yes! I will have a Danish recipe in the new book!

Nikol January 10, 2014 at 7:02 am

I’m so happy for you and for me :). All the people I bought the book for (and me) LOVE IT! YEAH!

Jeanne January 10, 2014 at 11:34 am

Nikol: Yay! Thank you!

KD January 7, 2014 at 8:37 am

Write faster! Jeanne, you have saved my sanity. I am one year in to the adventures of GF baking and after finding your FAQ page after googling “trouble shoot GF baking” I have come to rely on your recipes. Last night’s record cold temps demanded comfort food–pot roast made over into stew with dumplings (formerly Bisquick drop biscuits). I used your buttermilk biscuit recipe and baked half and steamed the rest on top of the stew. Both were a success! The sad part is I had never mastered biscuits in the realm of gluten and these GF ones were my best result ever.

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:07 pm

KD: Oh, I’m so glad! And yay for the biscuits! And I’m writing as fast as I can (lol!) Happy baking!

Wendy Read January 7, 2014 at 5:03 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! Congratulations!!! Your first book is fabulous, can’t wait to see what is in store for your second. Wishing you all the best things in the coming year Jeanne :)

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Wendy: Aw, thank you! I really appreciate it!! And happy new year to you, too, Wendy!!

Asha January 7, 2014 at 4:30 am

Yum! I can’t wait. I have your first book and love it (and it gets a lot more use than just holidays). Super excited for the next one though fall 2015 seems an eternity to wait! I think I’m going to make your cheese sticks tonight to celebrate! Will be keeping my eyes peeled for updates :)

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Asha: Yay! Thank you! And yes, Fall 2015 seems so far away, doesn’t it? ack

Linda J-H January 6, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Seriously? Ramen Noodles? I can’t wait!

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Linda: right? I am so excited about that recipe. Yay!

Kristen January 6, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Yea about the cookbook and I would LOVE to be a recipe tester! I do have one request, my family loves cut-out cookies, sugar cookies that are cut with cookie cutters. I still make them the original way for them, but would love to find a gluten free recipe that we all could enjoy. Also, I love your pressed cookie recipe, and my family does not know the difference.

I know that you like Scandinavian recipes so here is a gluten free recipe I devised for Kransekaka: http://knitionary.blogspot.com/2013/12/kransekaka.html#axzz2pgCW1Wyl

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Kristin: Thank you! And have you checked my 1st book (Gluten-Free Baking for the Holidays)? It has a rolled sugar cookie recipe that is super yummy! Also, I will check out your recipe–thanks for the link!

Mira Dessy, Nutrition Educator and Real Food Advocate January 6, 2014 at 7:25 pm

So excited for you Jeanne! Congratulations!!!

Jeanne January 9, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Mira: Thank you so much, Mira!

Dianne January 6, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Yay for you and yay for us!!!!!!!!! Now we’ll just have to be patient…sigh…
When might we expect this wonderful book?

Jeanne January 6, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Dianne: Thank you! And it’s supposed to come out Fall 2015!

Anna January 6, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Conversation:
Me: So this new cookbook will have recipes for croissants, naan…
Daughter: You have to buy it now!
Me:…pita bread, ramen noodles, dumplings…
Daughter: Right now, you have to buy it right now!
Me: Honey, she says it’s not out until fall 2015.
Daughter: Now, tell her to start writing it right now!

There’s one preorder you can count on. ;)

Jeanne January 6, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Anna: Aw, thank you! And tell your daughter I am writing! ;)