READERS OF MY SITE AND MY BOOKS:
I love you! You are why I do this blog and write my books. I love helping people bake deliciously! That said….
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a minute to do your homework before asking me a question. I know it’s easier for you to just ask me, but it takes a lot of time and effort on my part to answer the same question over and over again. See if your question is answered in Tips/FAQs in the below links before sending me a note.
1. Questions about other flour mixes or if a certain other mix or a certain other flour will substitute for my mix in my (or your) recipes: Please read the–
–before sending me a question about this. I’m getting a lot of “will this flour/this mix work well in my baking” questions lately–I’ve answered this in my posts several times over. 🙂
2. Questions on things like: 1) why a recipe doesn’t work OR 2) how to substitute for ingredients (including xanthan gum)–
Check * Tips/FAQs
–before emailing me. Many of your questions will be answered there.
3. Questions about other people’s recipes.
I can’t really answer questions about recipes that aren’t mine.
4. Questions about recipes you make with some other flour mix.
Again, I can’t really answer questions about other flour mixes.
5. Have a recipe you’d like me to create or adapt? Feel free to ask, but I can’t guarantee that I can do this or do it on your timeline. I tend to get really busy at random times and therefore, I’m not super reliable when it comes to this. 🙂 Also, I tend to be the most busy (like you) around holidays. So if you need to ask a question about a holiday dish, please do so well in advance of the holiday and not the day before. 🙂
6. Want to know if I have a particular recipe on the site? Go to my Recipes page to do an alphabetical search of my recipes.
7. Questions about your particular health concern (e.g., diabetes) and whether or not my recipes would work for it: I am not a medical doctor, so I can’t address questions of a medical nature. FYI: my flour mix has a slightly higher glycemic index rating than regular all-purpose wheat flour, so it’s not any “healthier” than using wheat flour.
ADVERTISERS, PUBLICITY, BLOGGER PROFESSIONALS:
Thank you so much for your interest! And thank you for checking here first instead of sending me a random email. Here are some of my current policies/thoughts (as of 1/10/17):
Sponsored Posts: I do not do sponsored posts.
Advertising on my site: I am currently not interested in advertising on my site.
Talking about your product on the blog: I don’t do any product reviews or shout-outs on my blog.
Participating on your site in any way as a non-paid contributor (including posting a recipe on your site): No thank you.
Developing a recipe using your product for “exposure.”: No thank you. I am a cookbook writer, which means that I write recipes as my paying job. Please think of me as a professional, not a game show contestant.
Participating in your giveaway: No thank you. I do very, very few giveaways and those that I do I choose and pay for myself.
Reviewing things, including your book or product: No thank you. I don’t like doing reviews–even in exchange for a freebie or in exchange for page views on your site. Please assume that I’m not interested in reviewing your product.
Reviewing things for your site for “exposure”: No thank you.
Guest Bloggers/Posts on my site: No thank you. I produce all of my content. I do not accept guest posts.
Link Exchanges: No thank you. I don’t do link exchanges.
Book Review Exchanges: No thank you. I do very few book reviews and the ones I do I choose carefully.
Participating in your contest: No thank you. I don’t do contests. I am a professional writer and recipe developer, not a game show contestant.
Replies from me: If you do not hear from me within 72 hours of contacting me, please take that as a polite decline.
CONTACT ME (AFTER YOU’VE READ THE ABOVE):
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please don’t make me jump through hoops to answer you. I won’t be able answer to email addresses that require me to login and answer a bunch of questions to prove I’m not a spammer.