ADVERTISERS AND PUBLICITY PROFESSIONALS:
Thank you so much for your interest! And thank you for checking here first instead of sending me a random email. Here are some of my current policies/thoughts (as of 1/5/15):
First and Foremost: I DO NOT DO SPONSORED POSTS.
Advertising on my site: I am currently not interested in advertising on my site. I might be interested at some point in advertising for a monthly fee (not for a one time fee or a thing or for “exposure.”).
Developing a recipe using your product for “exposure.”: No thank you. I am a cookbook writer, which means that I write recipes as my paying job. Please think of me as a professional, not a game show contestant.
Participating in your giveaway: No thank you. I do very, very few giveaways and those that I do I choose and pay for myself.
Reviewing things: No thank you. I don’t like doing reviews–even in exchange for a freebie or in exchange for page views on your site. Please assume that I’m not interested in reviewing your product.
Reviewing things for your site for “exposure”: No thank you.
Having Guest Bloggers/Posts on my site: No thank you. I produce all of my content. I do not accept guest posts.
Link Exchanges: No thank you. I don’t do random link exchanges.
Book Review Exchanges: No thank you. I do very few book reviews and the ones I do I choose carefully.
Participating in your contest: No thank you. I don’t do contests. I am a professional writer and recipe developer, not a game show contestant.
Replies from me: If you do not hear from me within 72 hours of contacting me, please take that as a polite decline.
FOR READERS OF MY SITE:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a minute to do your homework before asking me a question. I know it’s easier for you to just ask me, but it takes a lot of time and effort on my part to answer the same question over and over again. See if your question is answered in the below links before sending me a note.
* Questions about flour mixes and if a certain mix or a certain flour will substitute for my mix in my (or your) recipes: Please read the Story Behind My Gluten-Free Flour Mix post and the Answers to/Questions About/Substitution Ideas for my Gluten-Free Flour Mix post before sending me a question about this. I’m getting a lot of “will this flour/this mix work well in my baking” questions lately–I’ve answered this in my posts several times over.
* Questions on how to troubleshoot recipes or substitute ingredients? Check the Tips/FAQs page before emailing me. Many of your questions will be answered there.
* Have a recipe you’d like me to create or adapt? Feel free to ask, but I can’t guarantee that I can do this or do it on your timeline. I tend to get really busy at random times and therefore, I’m not super reliable when it comes to this. Also, I tend to be the most busy (like you) around holidays. So if you need to ask a question about a holiday dish, please do so well in advance of the holiday and not the day before.
* Want to know if I have a particular recipe on my site? Use the “Search This Blog” box on the right side of the page to do a search on my site. Or go to my Gluten-Free Recipes page (above) to do an alphabetical search of my recipes.
* Questions about your particular health concern (e.g., diabetes) and whether or not my recipes would work for it: I am not a medical doctor, so I can’t address questions of a medical nature. FYI: my flour mix has a slightly higher glycemic index rating than regular all purpose wheat flour, so it’s not any different than using wheat flour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please don’t make me jump through hoops to answer you. I won’t be able answer to email addresses that require me to login and answer a bunch of questions to prove I’m not a spammer.